This year we had to change our annual “Flu Vaccination” event due to the staggered delivery of the vaccine for patients aged 65 and over, staggered delivery of vaccine was a national problem but we still managed to provide 603 flu vaccinations during our annual flu event held on the 18th October at Strathmore Road Methodist Hall.
If you are a patient in one of the “at risk” categories
- Asthma (needing regular use of inhaled or systemic steroids)
- Chronic Respiratory Disease
- Heart Problems
- Diabetes (needing insulin or oral hypoglycaemic drugs)
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Serious illness that has weakened the immune system
- Neurological disease e.g. MS, Parkinson’s, learning disability
- No spleen
- Are they the main carer for an elderly or disabled person?
- Are they currently pregnant?
- BMI >40
You would have received your letter to advise you to contact the practice after the flu event when we would be adding clinic sessions to the system following further supply of flu vaccines.
If you have not had your flu vaccination yet please contact the reception team who will be happy to make an appointment for you.
Children’s Flu vaccination programme
Children aged 2 to 3 year old (Born between September 2014 and 31 August 2016) will receive their flu vaccine at the practice, we are currently looking at clinic session and will be contacting parents but if you have any concerns while this is happening please contact the practice where we will be happy to help you.